Eco-Ideal Consulting Sdn. Bhd. is currently undertaking a task to develop the State-of-River-Quality Report for Sg. Selangor and Sg. Kedah in Peninsula Malaysia.
This initiative under the Integrated River Basin Management (IRBM) Project and implemented by the Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID), is funded by the Danish International Assistance (DANIDA).
The purpose of the report is to create a platform to increase awareness and for accountability on the improvement of river quality. The publication will describe the status of the river, highlight the key issues that affect the river and summarise the efforts made to improve the environment. Easy to follow indicators and fact sheets will be used.
Contents of the report will include:
- Description of the basin and how the rivers are impacted by all activities in the basin
- Water supply and flooding issues
- Water pollution
- Solid waste in the rivers
- Measures the Government has taken
- Guides and tips for the public, businesses and industries