A Brief Introduction
- Currently, the world’s energy demand is relying mainly on its fossil fuels such as petroleum, coal, natural gas etc. which are finite and non-renewable resources;
- Significant consumption of fossil-based energy is a primary source of GHG emissions which can lead to global warming as well as many other localised pollutions e.g. acidification of buildings and soils;
- To ensure sustainability and security of fuel supply, emerging alternatives like renewable energy are definitely the way forward;
- Although renewable energy resources such as biomass, wind and solar are abundant but prior to that, policy framework, mechanisms, technological development, human capacity etc. are necessary to facilitate the development of the renewable energy market;
- Currently, a lot of companies all around the world are using renewable energy as a source of power and for trading.
- Policy and Planning;
- Feasibility Study and Survey;
- Assistance on Small Renewable Energy Programme (SREP) and Renewable Energy Power Purchase Agreement (REPPA) Application;
- Technical Design and Technology;
- Capacity Building, Training and Research.
Strengths and Track Records
Our experiences and knowledge of the local business culture and expectation will ensure our advice and services fulfill the client’s needs.
The selected references are as listed below:
- Feed in tariff (FiT) application for Bukit Tagar landfill gas to power grid export to TNB of 3 MW;
- FiT application for Bukit Tagar landfill gas to power grid export to TNB of 1 MW;
- SREP application for Bukit Tagar landfill gas to power generation project in Selangor;
- Development of “A Guide to Energy Efficiency Management in Sewage Treatment” for Indah Water Konsortium (IWK) Sdn. Bhd.;
- Conceptual design for integrated waste management and renewable energy for centralised livestock farming area, Samarahan division of Sarawak;
- Pre-feasibility on biogas production from palm oil waste in selected areas of Malaysia;
- DANIDA Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Component (2004-2006);
- Barrier analysis of biomass supply chain as renewable fuel in Malaysia for DANIDA/ Economic Planning Unit (EPU) Renewable Energy/ Energy Efficiency Project;
- Policy analysis in waste to energy projects (landfill, palm oil waste as well as biodiesel) for DANIDA/EPU Renewable Energy/ Energy Efficiency Project.