A sum of RM1.9bil will be allocated for the implementation of environmental preservation projects in the country. The sum comes as a big jump from last year’s sum of RM149mil, which was allocated for the operating, and the development expenditure of environmental programs.
At A Glance:
- RM40mil allocated for prevention of erosion of coastal areas
- RM370mil for drainage and flood mitigation
- RM114mil to improve rivers and estuaries
- RM991mil for repairs to existing sewerage plants as well as construction of new ones
- RM363mil for solid waste management programme
Resource from The Star, September 2005